We welcome you to come explore the process of dyeing in indigo using our organic indigo vat. Whether you want to dye new things, or upcycle old, indigo is a beautiful way to bring natural color into your life.
These Dye Sessions are NOT lessons or classes, but rather sessions that give access to use our vat for people who have worked with indigo before, and feel confident in using an indigo vat.
If you are interested in participating in these small dye sessions and have not worked with indigo, we offer a 15 minute introduction to the vat for an additional $20 which will cover the basic process of how to use the vat. Please schedule this with Alisha PRIOR to your dye session and bring $20 cash the day of.
Each dye session has up to 3 people working at a time, so there will be shared use of the vat. There is no formal instruction, but Alisha will be around and available to oversee vat use.
***READ PRIOR TO SIGNING UP!!!
We are NOT responsible for any misunderstandings from lack of reading these details prior to signing up.
1. All items MUST be washed in a ph neutral detergent before bringing to rid of any impurities and potential PH imbalances being introduced to the vat. Items may be brought in wet or dry, it doesn't matter.
2. Each person is limited to 1 lb of material - which is equivalate to about 2 - 3 t-shirts or 5 average size dishtowels. If you wish to dye extra, you will need to register for additional spaces. Pricing is based on the amount of dye being used.
3. If you are wanting to add resists to your fabric, please do so ahead of time.
4. Each session is 1.5 hours. Time will be shared with a max of 2 other particpants.
5. Natural fibers ONLY - cotton, linen, bamboo, wool, alpaca, etc.
What YOU Need to Bring
- Clothes, shoes and a towel you don't mind getting stained
- Kitchen gloves
- Prepared materials - including resist work complete
- $20 cash if you're needed to schedule time with Alisha for vat use instructions
- Soak and rinse bins
- Indigo Vat
- Handout with basic information about how indigo works, and why it's so special.
Dye Session Dates + Times
Friday May 20; 1:00 - 2:30pm
Friday May 20; 3:00 - 4:30pm
Friday May 27; 1:00 - 2:30pm
Friday May 27; 3:00 - 4:30pm
If these times don't work for you, and you'd like access, please reach out via e-mail to schedule a separate time. email@example.com